Staying Safe During COVID
We appreciate it may have been, and still is, a difficult time for many families and children. However, we are confident to be able to offer both the emotional and academic support that our children and their families may require upon their return to the ‘new normal’.
All of our decisions in school will focus on the safety and wellbeing of our pupils, staff, and wider school community.
Details of the steps we are taking to safeguard each other can be found below:
The symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- a cough
- high temperature
- shortness of breath
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you think you have symptoms of Coronavirus, please contact NHS 119 or online at 111.nhs.uk. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 119 for advice.
If your child becomes unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, they are to stay off school and the whole household is to self-isolate for 14 days.
How to stop the virus from spreading?
- If you need to cough or sneeze – catch it with a tissue and bin it
- Wash your hands regularly with soap & water or hand sanitiser
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Do not share items that come into contact with your mouth
Department for Education Coronavirus Helpline – telephone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am-6pm (Monday to Friday), 10am-4pm (Saturday and Sunday)
What schools will do if there is a suspected case of COVID from a pupil and/or a staff member: