What is the Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM), Looked after Children, children adopted from care and Service Forces children. It also includes pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as the Ever 6 FSM measure). However, this does not include those entitled to meals under the Universal Free School Meals programme.
More information can be found here:
How can I find out if my child is eligible?
If you think your child may eligible to receive this additional funding and support but are not sure whether the school are aware of this, please speak to school office. Alternatively, you can fill in your details on the online portal and the local authority will then check eligibility and ensure that the school receives all funding due to support your child.
This can be accessed here:
How will any funding be spent?
Schools are free to spend Pupil Premium funding according to how they feel each individual child can best be supported.
At Fishtoft Academy we have historically used our funding to:
- Focus on every child becoming a reader in the early years and Y1
- Deliver targeted intervention in reading through 1:1 phonics tuition and the Lexia Core5 programme
- Provide support for educational visits throughout the year
- Provide pastoral support for those PP entitled pupils with additional social and emotional needs.
- Deliver targeted intervention in maths and literacy within classes
- Providing access to free breakfast club
- Additional TA/teacher support for those children in danger of underachieving
- Ensuring attendance is a high priority
Our Pupil Premium impact reports for previous academic years can be accessed below. You will also find our plan for spending the premium funding for the coming academic year listed below soon.